This full time (40 hours/week) exempt position is a member of the agency’s Administrative/Finance Team and is responsible for maintaining financial data to support the agency programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconcile and balance general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and reclassifications.
- Process Accounts Receivable.
- Collaborate with development team to ensure donations and grants are properly classified.
- Assist CFO with managing the fiscal aspects of grant writing, reporting and monitoring.
- Prepare bank deposits and enter data in financial software.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and maintain records on payroll system.
- Process accounts payable, including credit cards and staff expense reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Maintain monthly accruals.
- Contribute to improving processes and procedures that accurately capture, track and report on financial transactions; and ways to automate manually intensive tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer and collaborates with the Executive Assistant and Development Team to ensure the smooth flow of information.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Experience: 3 – 5 years’ accounting experience in a multi-revenue stream non-profit agency.
- Technical: Proficient in Microsoft Software and QuickBooks. Experience using Sage/Abila MIP or comparable large ERP general ledger system is helpful.
- Competencies: Must be detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time while meeting deadlines. Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Social Skills: Must be a positive collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership: Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, good judgement and a commitment to teamwork.
- Mission-Driven: Reinforces 360’s mission and vision within the organization and community.
- Personal Growth: Models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology, along with the willingness to learn new skills.
- Must have privately owned vehicle, valid driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance