J.McLaughlin was founded in 1977 by brothers Kevin and Jay McLaughlin with a mission to create an American Sportswear brand that offered two key components: classic clothing with current relevance and a retail environment that has a neighborhood feel. The J.McLaughlin brand has always been more about style than fashion: straightforward, unpretentious, and devoid of the superfluous. Our clothing is rooted in the tradition of sport, work, and play. With over 150 retail locations, each store is entirely unique, attentively designed to reflect the town's color, character, and architecture. This attention to detail extends to exemplary customer service and local philanthropic engagement.
Our “Culture of Kindness” creates an environment with respect, politeness, consideration, and empathy that creates a family like atmosphere and focuses on giving back to the community. The company has an entrepreneurial spirit which fosters great experience and career opportunities, complemented with our great incentive benefits programs.
J.McLaughlin is a specialty American Sportswear and Accessories brand headquartered in New York. J.McLaughlin has the reputation for being “local and loyal”, building meaningful relationships within the each community and providing customers with highly personalized service. We are a growing company with a focus on our culture of kindness, cultivating an exceptional atmosphere in which to work and shop.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results driven Sales Associate for our retail store, with a passion for classic American Sportswear and the ability to achieve goals and objectives while upholding the ideals and standards of the company. The ideal candidate should be sales driven and leads by example in building impactful relationships. As brand ambassadors, Sales Associates are the experts in taking care of clients, selling, and creating a unique shopping experience with new and existing customers.
About the Role
• Act as the Brand Ambassador by embracing the company culture to develop and cultivate strong relationships with clients and our communities
• Provide exemplary client service to create a customer centric, friendly retail environment that fosters loyalty within our communities
• Drive sales by demonstrating extensive product knowledge and the ability to make appropriate suggestions to the client
• Utilize clienteling tools and outreach techniques to inform customers of upcoming events and when new product arrives
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Support the store manager with operations by completing daily tasks and maintaining areas of responsibility
• Help create and maintain a culture of kindness that is client and team focused
• Maintain knowledge on current merchandise, pricing, and promotions to communicate to clients
• Utilize selling techniques to help overcome objectives and close a sale
• Understand sales plans, key metrics, and how they contribute to the store’s overall success
• Participate and take an active role in store events and trunk shows, continuing to build a reputation of being a local and loyal retailer
• Effectively use the POS system to collect accurate information and provide exemplary customer service
• Plan and prioritize daily tasks and ensure the customer is the top priority
• Assist the manager with merchandising the sales floor and replenishment while adhering to visual standards
• Answer customer questions, inquiries, and concerns to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
• Effectively communicate with customers, supervisors, peers, and other stores teams
• Take a collaborative approach, sharing best practices, ideas, and information with peers across all markets and build productive relationships
• Assist in the execution all direction from Retail Operations and the Corporate Office
• Maintain a clean and organized sales floor, stock room, and common areas to ensure a welcoming environment
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures and standards of professionalism
• Assist with opening and closing procedures and perform other key holder duties in the absence of management.
• Lead by example and maintain the highest level of integrity at all times
What we are looking for
Skills & Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Previous retail or customer service experience preferred
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record achieving sales goals and takes accountability for results
• Positive and self-motivated to win every customer
• Consistently demonstrate accountability, reliability, and professionalism
• High energy and results driven
• Adapts positively to change and has strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task, while keeping the customer the top priority
• Able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays
• Comfortable standing for long periods of time; must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
J.McLaughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.