NCTV17, an award-winning nonprofit community television station, seeks a full-time salaried News Reporter/Producer to help lead the local news team and report on local stories.
Our ideal candidate is a former commercial TV journalist looking to focus on meaningful storytelling that matters to a hyperlocal audience. They should be passionate about guiding a small, smart, energetic group of reporters. They’re a professional, ethical wordsmith with a penchant for producing videos for multiple platforms.
NCTV17’s mission is to create an informed, connected, and engaged community by telling local stories on air and online.
Our team cares about the community. Our culture is supportive, collaborative, respectful, and friendly. We value creativity, curiosity, commitment, and compassion. We have a solid history of turning out strong journalists. Learn where our alumni are now.
Naperville itself has a small-town feel with a strong volunteer spirit and community engagement while being the fourth largest city in Illinois.
NCTV17 is a hybrid work environment.
- Work with supervising news producer in leading the news team:
- Organize short and long-term assignments, resources, and deadlines
- Mentor and motivate reporters with differing levels of experience
- Foster shared goals of strong communication, collaboration, and best-in-class content
- Oversee scripts, video, web, and social media deliverables for journalistic quality and accuracy
- Curate and produce news content for NCTV17 over the air and digital platforms:
- Write briefs for NCTV17 News Update – a daily e-newsletter
- Shoot, edit, and write news stories and features for all platforms (on-air, online, and social media) when needed
- Produce multimedia content, including videos, photos, audio, and graphics, to accompany written articles on the NCTV17 website
- Write digital copy for social media, including breaking news
- Use social media to promote and distribute news content
- Develop contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering operations
- Stay up-to-date with news and industry trends.
- Valid Illinois Class D driver’s license and own transportation required
- BS/BA in Journalism/Broadcast Communication or a similar field
- 2-5 years experience in commercial or government tv news producing and reporting
- Keen news judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Strong MMJ skills: confident on camera, comfortable with video cameras, and editing with Adobe Premiere or similar software
- Experience with producing digital news and knowledge about social media platforms and their use in journalism
- Experience with posting to a WordPress website or similar platform
- Experience with social media mining (Crowd Tangle, Tweet Deck, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok) to discover unique content
- Strong organizational, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Stamina and attention to detail under tight deadlines
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA
If you are a creative and passionate multimedia reporter/producer with a commitment to producing high-quality hyper-local content, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General
Company/ Organization Name : NCTV 17
How to Apply : https://www.nctv17.org/about-us/job-postings/
Business/ Organization Logo : nctc17.png