NCTV17, an award-winning nonprofit community television station, is seeking a full-time salaried News Reporter to be a part of the local news team.
Our ideal candidate has professional commercial TV journalism experience and wants to focus on meaningful storytelling that matters to a hyperlocal audience. They’re a professional, ethical wordsmith with a penchant for producing videos on multiple platforms.
NCTV17’s mission is to create an informed, connected, and engaged community by telling local stories on air and online.
Our team is a group that cares about the community. Our top-down culture is supportive, collaborative, respectful, and friendly. We value creativity, curiosity, commitment, and compassion. We have a solid history of turning out strong journalists: learn where our alumni are now.
Naperville itself has a small-town feel with a strong volunteer spirit and community engagement while being the fourth largest city in Illinois.
NCTV17 is a hybrid work environment.
- Conduct research and interviews to gather information for news stories and features
- Curate and produce multimedia news content, including videos, photos, audio, and graphics, for all NCTV17 on air and digital platforms
- Write briefs for NCTV17 News Update – a daily e-newsletter
- Use social media to promote and distribute content
- Collaborate with other journalists to develop and pitch story ideas
- Develop contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering operations
- Stay up-to-date with national and local news and industry trends
- Valid Illinois Class D driver’s license and own transportation required
- BS/BA in Journalism/Broadcast Communication or similar
- 1-3 years experience in commercial or government TV news producing and reporting
- Strong writing skills
- Keen news judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong MMJ skills: confident on camera, comfortable with video cameras, and editing with Adobe Premiere or similar software
- Experience posting to the web with WordPress or a similar platform
- Knowledge of social media platforms and their use in journalism
- Knowledge of how to social media mine (Crowd Tangle, Tweet Deck, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok) to discover unique content
- Strong organizational, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Stamina under tight deadlines
Local candidates are preferred. No allowance for relocation.
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA
If you are a creative and passionate multimedia journalist with a commitment to producing high-quality hyper-local content, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General
Company/ Organization Name : NCTC17
How to Apply : To apply for this job please visit https://www.nctv17.org/about-us/job-postings/