We are searching for driven and ambitious candidates, seeking experience in working with not-for-profits or business, as well as marketing.
The Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce has one goal: to move Business Forward towards an engaged, thriving community by being Your Advocate and Your Resource for Our Community. Marketing plays a critical role in executing this mission.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing & Communications with executing organizational marketing strategies, while supporting in the development of new initiatives aligned with the goals and mission of the organization to be an active resource for our Chamber Members and the community.
This is an unpaid internship that is flexible with hours: 10-20 hours a week depending on your background, skills, and availability. This internship program can be used to earn school credits if applicable.
Company name: Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
Internship title: NACC Marketing and Communications
Location: Remote, though some in-person opportunities available
Internship Start and End Date: September 1- December 31, 2020 with opportunity to continue
Expected hours per week: 10-20 hours per week
Name and Title of Internship Supervisor: Director of Marketing and Communication, Kelli Keyzers
MARKETING INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Aid in the management and execution of NACC social media strategies; including supporting the creation of monthly social media calendars with insightful copy and imagery, including “in-the-moment” posts
· Co-manage day to day social media presence across platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
· Engage with our Members and their social audiences to establish and grow online relationships, as well as involve the community
· Increase audience program awareness and engagement
· Design Facebook/ Instagram stories to highlight events, press, team members, behind-the-scenes, etc.
· Ensure social content and digital assets are consistent and aligned with brand standards, voice and authenticity
· Support in the maintenance of the NACC website with content creation
· Work inside the CMS platform to maintain website accuracy and maximize exposure for Members, as well as job postings, member press releases, and special offers
· Build email marketing campaigns or execute email marketing advertising campaigns for Members
· Assist on graphic projects as needed
· Copywriting for social media, as well as email campaigns and blogs as needed
· Assist in other tasks as requested by staff members
· Experience in marketing/ business/ journalism industry
· Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing and social media marketing
· Experience using social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
· Experience with Adobe Suite (photoshop, Indesign), WordPress, Canva, Asana, and Microsoft Office Suite – any experience in a platform is a plus
· Excellent writing skills
· Graphic design skills, a plus
· Self-motivated, able to take initiative and be resourceful – as well as eager to learn
· Highly organized with ability to multi-task
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Industry skills/ experience
· Understand the functionality and features of enterprise social media management systems
· Learn to create graphics that both engage social followers and match brand standards
· Help manage the online presence of a well-established Chamber of Commerce
· Further develop skills in marketing, social media and communications
· Develop a larger understanding of the impactful marketing that comes from NACC programs, events and virtual initiatives
We’re not just a networking club…. We’re a thinking organization.
The Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce is the largest suburban Chamber in Illinois with an active membership of 1,200 organizations of every size and from every sector. The NACC promotes economic growth and advocacy in and around the Naperville area. For its efforts in promoting free enterprise and the business community, the Chamber has been recognized with 5-Star Accreditation from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, an honor bestowed on only 1 percent of Chambers, out of the nearly 7,000 in the nation. Visit www.naperville.net