The Grants Manager provides overall management of the Loaves & Fishes grants portfolio and implements strategies that increase corporate and foundation support for the organization. The Grants Manager conducts grant research, determines alignment, communicates with funders, writes and submits proposals, and follows up with required reporting. This position plays a key role in the Advancement Department through the identification, engagement and stewarding of key relationships with grantors.
The Grants Manager supports data driven fundraising goals by managing and growing the grants portfolio and contributing as an Advancement Team member. The Grants Manager reports to and is supervised by the Director of Philanthropy.
- Develop and implement a plan to expand the number of grantors that provide support for Loaves & Fishes as part of the organization’s overall advancement goals.
- Develop a grants stewardship plan to keep current grantors engaged with Loaves & Fishes.
- Provide leadership for grant research to identify new potential corporate, foundation and family foundation funders.
- Determine alignment with possible funders and develop strategy to engage.
- Collaborating with other Loaves & Fishes staff teams, author identified grant applications; provide supporting documentation and follow-up reports.
- Determine and execute process for documenting research and activity related to the grant funding process.
- Provide donor metrics and reports that inform the advancement strategies supporting Loaves & Fishes financial goals.
- Serve as a key member of the Advancement Team and support overall advancement goals.
- Collaborate with other Advancement Team members to conceptualize, manage, organize and support events, meetings, and other activities to promote Loaves & Fishes.
- Assist in developing annual advancement and communication plans and budgets.
- Be active and involved in the advancement profession and keep Loaves & Fishes visible among peer organizations related to grants activity.
- Embody values of compassion, dignity, health, hope, and service.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Philanthropy.
- A passion for the mission of Loaves & Fishes
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience growing and managing a substantive grants portfolio
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to forge and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to navigate a database and procure reports
- Aptitude in electronic research techniques
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Excellent listening and retention skills
- Tech savvy and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member
- Knowledge of Foundation Center a plus
- Valid driver’s license and available vehicle
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs.
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Competitive benefits package
Send resume to email@example.com
Loaves & Fishes Community Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualified applicants protected by law are encouraged to apply.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Job Description : The Grants Manager provides overall management of the Loaves & Fishes grants portfolio and implements strategies that increase corporate and foundation support for the organization. The Grants Manager conducts grant research, determines alignment, communicates with funders, writes and submits proposals, and follows up with required reporting. This position plays a key role in the Advancement Department through the identification, engagement and stewarding of key relationships with grantors.
Company/ Organization Name : Loaves & Fishes Community Services
How to Apply : Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business/ Organization Logo : LF Oct20-01.jpg