360 Youth Services, a non-profit agency transforming the lives of youth for over 45 years, is looking to hire a self-directed, experienced, and creative Grants Manager.
Our ideal candidate is a highly successful communicator who is creative and technically savvy. The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills and experience tracking, writing, and researching grants and reports in support of the agency’s programs. The Grants Manager will maintain and manage a robust list of current and potential funders.
This full-time (40 hours/week) exempt position is a member of the agency’s Development Department that works to raise awareness and funds to ensure the mission of 360 Youth Services. The Grants Manager is responsible for the development and preparation of foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals, interim and final reports, and other correspondence. Primary responsibilities include identifying, researching, and soliciting new sources of funding, as well as sustaining existing sources. Additional responsibilities include other writing and activities in support of Development Department projects. This position works closely with the Corporate and Community Giving Manager and assists in elevating the experience for supporters and the financial profile of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain the current schedule of grant writing and reporting; research and identify additional foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities in support of 360’s program goals.
2. Write, proofread, and edit grant proposals and compliance reports, including budgets and all related materials; review for accuracy before final submission.
3. Work closely with program managers to develop grant proposals; develop and match funding sources to program needs.
4. Manage a grant portfolio of $500,000 to $1 million with the expectation to increase the portfolio year over year. 5. Establish and maintain realistic timelines for proposal submissions.
6. Research new opportunities and develop a pipeline of prospects that support project and program development.
7. Assist the Chief Philanthropy Officer in implementing a program of stewardship with foundation and corporate donors.
8. Maintain and organize funding information including proposal activity information, funder files, donor tracking systems, reports, and donor communications.
9. Coordinate grant award launch meetings and work with program staff to track and ensure deliverables are met. 10. Cultivate and steward relationship with portfolio donors and new prospects, and coordinate meetings between grantors and the agency.
11. May write for other communications projects such as: organizational website, newsletter, annual report, program reporting and/or e-news.
12. Participate in activities which support the Development Department.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Supervised by the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
2. Works in partnership with the Development Team.
3. Works closely with Direct Service Staff as appropriate.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Experience: Must have a proven track record and demonstrated success with institutional donors; experience and background in writing grant proposals is required. Experience with human service organizations is a plus.
3. Competencies: Must be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time while meeting deadlines. Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
4. Technical: Superb writing, editing, and research skills required; ability to synthesize information from diverse sources; ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines; technology literacy required. Knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge database is a plus.
5. Social Skills: Must be a positive, collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
6. Leadership: Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, and good judgment.
7. Mission-Driven: Reinforces 360’s mission and vision with the organization and the community.
8. Collaboration: Advocates for inclusion and diversity always. In conjunction with the Development Team, fosters relationships with civic/business partners and community leaders that advance 360’s presence throughout the community.
9. Personal Growth: Models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Demonstrates a hunger to maintain and learn skills.
1. Must have privately owned vehicle, valid driver’s license, good driving record, and liability insurance. Travel between locations and partnering sites may be required.
2. Position may require some evening and weekend hours.
3. Must be able to operate general office equipment.
4. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Our values unite us as an organization. They are the anchors that steer our behavior, interactions with each other, and provide a guide for decision-making.
Compassionate: We wholeheartedly care for and listen to others
Empowering: We nurture potential, build on strengths, and inspire hope for a brighter future
Inclusive: We accept others completely as they are
Affirming: We encourage and celebrate personal identity
Respectful: We hear people where they are and are willing to work on judgments we may have towards others while treating people with the highest regard
Authentic: We are truthful and transparent in what we say and do
About 360 Youth Services: 360 is a powerful organization joined together by a shared commitment to change lives and inspire hope. By strengthening emotional skills, reducing youth access to and use of alcohol and other drugs, and ending the experience of homelessness, 360 works passionately in our pursuit to help children, teens and young adults experience their full potential.
360 Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statues.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, including salary requirements, and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about 360 Youth Services visit our website at: www.360youthservices.org.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development