Fundraising Manager - Part Time
Fundraising Manager - Part Time
Part-Time - Fundraising Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Community Development Director
Naperville Community Television (NCTV17), an award-winning nonprofit community television station, is looking for a part-time Fundraising Manager with a strong background in nonprofit advancement who is passionate about helping NCTV17 realize its vision of creating an informed, engaged, and connected community through hyper-local programming content on air (Channel 17) and online (NCTV17.com).
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for working with the Community Development Director to create a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet the station’s strategic plan and fundraising budget. The position will include both in-office and remote working hours up to 29 hours/week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement an annual fundraising plan to meet and exceed the station’s annual philanthropy budget
- Responsible for implementation and growth of all station fundraising activities, including:
- Individual donors
- Emphasis on increasing number of monthly donors as well as major gift donors
- Corporate donors
- Identification of prospects as well as strategies/tactics to cultivate relationship
- Planned Giving
- Generate awareness and utilization of station’s newly launched Planned Giving program
- Fundraising events
- Create, manage, and evaluate effectiveness of all station fundraising events
- Research and write applications for local, regional and national grants that will help support station operations, programming and any capital campaigns
- Manage station’s DonorPerfect database system; ensuring all gifts and fundraising proceeds are properly recorded and all gifts acknowledged and donors thanked
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create and implement an annual communication plan to achieve philanthropy objectives
- Work with the Marketing Manager to produce and distribute digital and non-digital content to increase awareness of NCTV17’s nonprofit status within the community
- Work with the Community Development Director and Board Chair to support the on-going work of the Board Fundraising Committee.
- Represent the station at various community events to nurture current and prospective donors and build relationships with key community constituencies to enhance philanthropic support for the station.
Core Competences Required:
- Ten years proven track record in nonprofit fundraising
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Superior writing skills: both narrative and presentation formats
- Strong oral communication skills: one-on-one, small group and presentation style
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to network and work collaboratively with others
- Knowledgeable and experienced in managing the day-to-day activities associated with a donor management software system – DonorPerfect preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Office suite. Must be able to create high quality presentation materials.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the tasks that may be assigned; rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectation for this position. As the business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or Public Relations, Philanthropy, Nonprofit management or related field
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in non-profit fundraising including donor solicitation, management of annual and capital campaigns, fundraising events and donor software management
Naperville residency preferred
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put job title in subject line. No phone calls.
NCTV17 provides an equal employment opportunity and harassment free work environment. All employees, full-time, part-time or contract must comply with the equal employment opportunity and harassment policies.
All employment and compensation with NCTV17 is "at will" which means employment can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either NCTV17 or yourself, except as otherwise provided by law.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing
Company/ Organization Name : Naperville Community Television
How to Apply : email@example.com