Director of Finance & Administration
Director of Finance & Administration
Director of Finance and Administration - Job Description
The mission of SamaraCare is to help people achieve their greatest potential by being compassionate and spirit-led counselors, consultants and advocates. Our vision is that nothing stands in the way of people getting the help they need to flourish. For over 50 years SamaraCare - a growing 501c3 Not for Profit organization - has provided mental health counseling to people in DuPage, Will, Kane, Cook and Lake Counties and other parts of the Chicagoland area.
The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) has sole responsibility for accounting, finance, human resources and administration. Reporting to the Executive Director; the DFA supervises SamaraCare’s seven paraprofessionals and will have an office at SamaraCare’s home office building in Naperville. The DFA will also oversee other local offices as required.
The DFA is a member of the Executive Management Team, which includes the CEO, Executive Director, Directors of Development, Clinical Directors, and Medical Director.
SamaraCare has a Board of Directors. The DFA is the principal staff liaison to the Treasurer and Finance Committee of the Board, Audit Committee, directs the yearly audit and assists in the drafting of the organizations 990. The DFA is also the principal manager of several important vendor relationships including Bankers, Auditor, Health Insurance Broker, IT Consultant, HR Source and others.
Full charge accountant – using QuickBooks:
--Maintenance of general ledger, journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet and bank accounts, monitoring bank account activity and ensuring full compliance with GAAP.
--Payroll: updates employee master file including pay adjustments and works with the Accounting Consultant to insure the bi-weekly payroll is issued and taxes reported.
--Prepares and issues monthly financial statements and board financial package complete with income statement, balance sheet, and variance-from-budget commentary.
• Holds management accountable for budgets and assists the team in understanding financial reports and implications of financial decisions.
• Accounts Receivable – responsible for overall billing of clinical, consulting, and educational services.
• Billing - oversees and supervises staff responsible for billing of all SamaraCare services ensuring effective and efficient billing to maximize positive cash flow and maintain accuracy of financial reporting. Review aging reports and achieve positive results.
• Accounts Payable and Bank deposits– supervises staff responsible for entering all cash receipts and bills for payment.
• Budgeting – coordinates the preparation of the annual operating budget with input from the Executive Director, CEO, and various program directors and prepares a budget to present to the finance committee of the Board of Directors for final approval.
• Cash Management – prepares cash flow analysis.
• Management Reports – provides weekly, monthly and annual reports for evaluation of key criteria used in management decisions.
• Audit – sole responsibility for preparing the annual audit and completion of 990, completes account analysis and all requests for information.
• Insurance – communicates changes in coverage as appropriate with health insurance and liability insurance brokers. Coordinates with brokers, Executive Director and CEO for review and approval of renewals. Coordinates with employee yearly renewal of health insurance.
• Bank relations – provides information to principal lender for renewal of credit lines, and coordinates communication with the Executive Director, CEO, and Treasurer of the Board.
Human Resources and Leadership Responsibilities
• Human Resources
o Serves as first point of contact for all staff (front office & clinical) such as; payroll, benefits, HR policy issues, employment law and coordinating as required with external resources regarding Human Resource issues.
o Coordinates employee reviews and employment contracts.
o Creates employment files and manages employment documents.
o Manages DocuSign for employment contracts.
o Administers 403 (B) retirement plan.
o Credentialing on EMR (electronic medical records) for clinical staff.
• Strategic Planning
o Key participant in Strategic Planning processes and ensures growth initiatives have appropriate processes to operate effectively.
• Process Improvement
o SamaraCare has a culture of continuous improvement. The DFA will be expected to routinely conceive of and lead projects that improve the efficiency of administrative functions and better support the organization.
• Development Director Interface
o Works closely with the Development Director to provide business, statistical and financial information needed for grant proposals and ongoing reporting to grantors.
• Facility Management, Information Technology and Communications
o Facility & Property Management – supervise the overall maintenance of SamaraCare property and leased property.
o Information Technology - ensure staff has adequate computing resources, phones and devices.
o Engages technical support from SamaraCare’s IT vendor(s) as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; a CPA and/or MBA is a plus.
• Experience with medical health insurance from a behavioral health provider perspective is a plus.
• Public accounting experience and previous work experience in non-profit accounting is a plus.
• At least 10 years of total work experience with scope of responsibilities having included some or all of the above non-financial areas, including experience with supervision.
• Proficiency with QuickBooks or other common small business accounting software
• Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Strong communication skills
• Supports an atmosphere conducive to teamwork and collaboration.
• Competitive salary range
• Employer non-matching 403(B) plan is available.
• Group Health Insurance with several plans available to choose from.
• Group Life insurance is provided to all employees at no cost to the employee.
• Paid time off for vacation, personal days, holidays, and sick time.
Requirements for Application
• Cover letter, including salary requirement and resume should be emailed to: Sschonning@highlandperformancesolutions.com
• No faxes or phone calls will be accepted.
• SamaraCare is an equal opportunity employer.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance, Administrative
Job Description : The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) has sole responsibility for accounting, finance, human resources and administration. Reporting to the Executive Director; the DFA supervises SamaraCare’s seven paraprofessionals and will have an office at SamaraCare’s home office building in Naperville. The DFA will also oversee other local offices as required.
Company/ Organization Name : SamaraCare
How to Apply : Cover letter, including salary requirement and resume should be emailed to: Sschonning@highlandperformancesolutions.com