Director of Corporate and Community Engagement
Director of Corporate and Community Engagement
- Operate within the DuPagePads Core Values, which supports providing care in accordance with the Trauma Informed Policy and Practices of the Organization.
- Manage a portfolio of high-wealth donors and corporate partners, building relationships, identifying moves plans, and executing asks to increase organizational revenue.
- Actively and aggressively pursue and solicit DuPagePads' network via phone, letters, and email cultivating lapsed/current donor and corporate relationships for maximizing giving potential.
- Work with staff and volunteer leaders to prospect for new donors and corporate partners; build a pipeline of prospects and create a diverse and fluid portfolio of donor accounts.
- Monitor revenue and expenses within General & Event Giving, including Campaign Donations and Corporate Alliances, and measure the effectiveness of revenue and expenses management to meet affiliated key performance goals
- Serve as a resource and collaborative fundraising partner with development team to ensure event revenue success and program sustainability.
- Assist Special Event Coordinator with the development, promotion, securing, and fulfillment of corporate sponsorships for organization fundraising events.
- Work closely with Vice President of Development and DuPagePads staff to steward overlap relationships and identify fundraiser/major donor pipeline.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of DuPagePads funding priorities and activities, ensuring self-comfort and confidence in speaking to these priorities with donors and corporate partners as required.
- Coordinate speaking engagements for DuPagePads executive staff and ambassadors to promote mission to corporations and community groups.
- Represent agency at local events identifying individuals for deeper engagement; manage portfolio of prospects with VP of Development.
- Conduct relationship-building activities frequently with portfolio and consistently document key communications and details about donors and partners into the eTapestry database in a timely fashion.
- Assist Grant Writer with prospecting, securing, and fulfillment of corporate and private grant opportunities.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator, Grant Writer, and Special Event Coordinator to provide recaps and reports to corporate partners and funders as requested.
- Liaison and host as needed with corporate and community group volunteer opportunities, creating a welcoming experience and environment for volunteers to learn the DuPagePads' mission and what it means for clients and our community
- Ensure high-level results and corporate volunteer engagement by establishing and sustaining a network of relationships within companies including CEOs, senior executives and other key employees.
- Provide support in the planning and completion of workplace on-site and off-site fundraising and friend-raising campaigns.
- Annually construct and achieve key performance indicator metrics and goals for volunteerism that can be reported and included in Community Impact statement.
- Establish formal feedback loops to continuously monitor, evaluate and improve the strategic volunteer engagement initiatives using data and qualitative feedback from corporate and community participants.
- Perform other essential functions as requested by the VP of Development.
- Some evening or weekend work may be required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to plan and analyze.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with attention to details and deadlines.
- Ability to think innovatively and conceptually.
- Ability to hire, train and manage/lead employees.
- Ability to construct and monitor grant work.
- Ability to develop and monitor department related budgets.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), and fundraising software.
- Passion for the mission of DuPagePads and the community it serves.
- A minimum of five years of progressive fundraising and development experience, preferably with at least three years supervising a team of professional fundraising staff.
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting relationships with donors in all facets of the donor continuum, including individual, congregation, corporate and foundation donors.
- Experience working closely with board members and committees to develop and grow donor base and execute high-profile events.
- Demonstrated experience in soliciting and closing gifts of five-figures and above.
- Experience working with community organizations, partners and volunteers. Additional experience working with faith based groups is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the DuPage County (or a similar community) philanthropic landscape is highly preferred.
- Background in communications and public relations, with the ability to lead individuals working directly in those areas.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work weekend or evening hours, and to travel locally in own vehicle, as needed, to foster the work of DuPagePads.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals.
- General knowledge of fundraising and volunteer management software, with proficiency in eTapestry (or similar product) & Galaxy Digital Volunteer Management (or similar product) preferred.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and a capacity to develop and nurture relationships that culminate in major gift success.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFRE or advanced degree preferred.
- Provide own reliable transportation and possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License
- Willing to work occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Able to lift 30 pounds
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Development
Job Description : Please see job posting
Company/ Organization Name : DupagePads
How to Apply : To apply, please visit dupagepads.org/about/employment-opportunities-dupagepads/ and click the job title to apply online.