Coordinator, Advancement Corporate Sponsorships
Coordinator, Advancement Corporate Sponsorships
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager/Director, Corporate Development, in collaboration with other members of Institutional Advancement, the Coordinator, Advancement Corporate Sponsorships is responsible for planning and managing business and corporate relationships to ultimately increase their sponsorship and funding support. In addition, work to generate new sponsorships in support of all COD and College of DuPage Foundation initiatives. Under the direction of the Manager/Director, Corporate Development, the Coordinator is responsible for the development and solicitation of sponsorship resources across all programs of College of DuPage as well as effective stewardship of current COD and College of DuPage Foundation sponsors to retain and increasing sponsorships to provide funding and financial support for facilities, capital projects, events, programs and students scholarships.
· In partnership with the Manager/Director, Corporate Development, identify sponsorship prospects and cultivate relationships with local and regional corporations and businesses to generate large and mid-level funding support.
· In Support of identified College and Foundation fundraising priorities related to the college’s SLRP, create, plan and implement sponsorship initiatives and activities
· Develop, manage, solicit and steward a portfolio of at least 125 prospects for event sponsorships of all Institutional Advancement planned and or supported events as assigned by the Manager/Director, Corporate Development
· Seek support for identified campus projects from staff, faculty, Foundation Board members, alumni, and key volunteers who can facilitate connections with corporate and business prospects.
· Do on going follow up with sponsors that include but may not be limited to, thank you notes and other communications to solicit input regarding the sponsors experience and satisfaction.
· Research and write detailed written proposals and cases to support sponsorship projects for the College's and Foundation's mission and overall goals.
· The Coordinator, Corporate Sponsorships is responsible for writing and presenting sponsorship proposals and creating cultivation and stewardship opportunities of existing and new sponsors to ultimately increase their support of College of DuPage College and the Foundations mission and goals
· Build a network of community professionals who can act as resources for sponsor prospects.
· In partnership with the Manager/Director, Corporate Development and Institutional Advancement Team, develop and maintain regular communication/stewardship mechanisms with sponsors and sponsor prospects.
· Communicate with and steward faculty and staff from various programs to identify program needs and identify potential prospects.
· Provides regular reports and management information about sponsorship procurement progress, income or cultivation to the Manager/Director, Corporate Development and Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
· Conducts regular assessment of approaches, trends, and results, and adjusts plans to improve sponsor engagements.
· Perform other duties as assigned including Foundation committee work.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Sale, Marketing , Business, or related field is required.
- 3-5 years experience in Sales, Business Development, nonprofit fundraising with proven success in soliciting gifts and sponsorships.
- Proficient with standard computer systems and software and web research abilities required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team required.
· Standard office equipment.
· Open office environment, but much time to be spent in face-to-face contact with donors, involving substantial local travel.
· This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Classified 12 Salary
Competitive starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan.
College of DuPage is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Please submit your resume to: https://cod.edu/careers-home/
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : Development, Customer Service
Company/ Organization Name : College of DuPage
How to Apply : https://cod.edu/careers-home/