Position: Communications Associate
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Summary: The Communications Associate will support the Communications team in advancing the marketing initiatives and management of the Foundation’s brand, creating strategic communications to target audiences and assisting with a broad range of marketing activities that drive awareness of and engagement with the Foundation through owned, social, earned and paid media channels.
The ideal candidate is a highly-organized, strategic thinker with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team-oriented, self-starter with a keen eye for detail.
Organization: DuPage Foundation is the County’s philanthropic leader. As a 501(c)(3) public charity, we receive contributions from individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations seeking to make a difference for our community. We have grown to more than $110 million in assets and granted more than $55 million to not-for-profits serving the residents of DuPage County and beyond.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Communications to ensure that the brand identity remains relevant, fresh and effective.
- Expand the Foundation’s social media presence, developing and executing campaigns to increase awareness (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube).
- Ongoing website maintenance and planning to ensure digital content is current and easy to navigate.
- Create targeted communications through Constant Contact and maintain segmented lists.
- Track and share social media and website analytics.
- Reinforce adherence to the style guide, especially the correct use of logos and taglines.
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing Committee.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, print vendors and agencies on a variety of traditional and digital media.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an annual communications plan to include annual reports, newsletters, direct mailings, presentation decks, brochures, eblasts, advertising, displays, web updates and social media.
- Support the Director of Communications in producing donor/grantee stories, photos, videos and messages that compel key audiences to action.
- Assist with event marketing, including the annual Benefit dinner.
- Support the marketing of key initiatives including Arts DuPage, Bright & Early DuPage and Next Generation Initiative.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Not-for-profit experience preferred and a knowledge of DuPage’s philanthropic landscape a plus.
- Proficiency in OfficeSuite, Canva, and Constant Contact (or similar email marketing software).
- Experience in content development and managing social media.
- Experience in website and database management and segmentation for targeted marketing.
- Able to meet deadlines while prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build trusted relationships and be an effective ambassador among diverse constituents.
- Capacity and willingness to work beyond regular business hours as needed.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
To Apply: Email a PDF résumé and cover letter with “Communications Associate” in the subject line to Hiring Manager at email@example.com. Applications will be considered under the strictest of confidence. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Hiring Policy: The DuPage Foundation considers applicants for all positions without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status.
The DuPage Community Foundation d/b/a DuPage Foundation raises the quality of life throughout DuPage County by fostering philanthropy, connecting donors to area needs, and building community partnerships.
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Marketing
Company/ Organization Name : DuPage Foundation
How to Apply : Email a PDF résumé and cover letter with “Communications Associate” in the subject line to Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO CALLS PLEASE.