Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Great Lakes Credit Union is Hiring GREAT people for our GREAT team!
Do you enjoy customer interaction and relationship building?
WE WANT YOU ON OUR TEAM!
The Business Development Specialist’s primary purpose is to assist Great Lakes Credit Union to live out our Vision, “To be the members’ trusted financial partner “. Responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members, in alignment with our Service Promise.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for working to develop and carry out the business development strategy throughout the Chicagoland area to increase the number of new members and the retention of current members.
Responsible for tracking, measuring, and reporting business development results, sales, and events. Serves as the credit union’s sales champion to drive in sales opportunities to increase GLCUs market share, net membership, growth in total deposit and loan balances, new Select Employers Group (SEGs) and additional participation from existing SEGs along with enhancing income from ancillary products / services and from partners like TruStage (insurance sales) and Tranel (investment sales).
As a Business Development Specialist, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the VP of Retail, the Business Development Specialist will help create and implement strategic planning.
- Cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with partners across the entire GLCU geographic area and promotes the credit union to develop relationships with members, perspective members, and other key community partners.
- Orchestrate special partner events, orientation presentations, workshops, lunch ‘n learns, etc.…, to expand and serve the membership within the GLCU’s geographical areas.
- Spend the majority of the of time prospecting for new business partner relationships to raise awareness and promote the credit union’s image as a community partner in all newly acquired geographical area.
- Regularly communicate GLCU promotions and campaigns and supply marketing materials to partners.
- Maintain a wide variety of contacts both inside and outside of the credit union, coordinating business development activities, promoting services, exchanging information, and representing the credit union at civic and trade functions and at professional organizations as needed.
- Responsible for member follow-up after on-site visits in a timely manner.
- Inform the VP Retail of problematic situations in a timely manner and helps to resolve the situation for the member and the credit union.
- Represent GLCU within the community as a product and service (Financial Industry) expert. Respond to all inquiries, online, phone, or in person in a timely manner.
- Prospect for new relationships through networking to raise awareness and promote the credit union’s image as a community partner in all GLCU’s geographical areas.
- Maintain mutually strong and beneficial relationships with current Select Employer Groups (SEGs), business and community partners, promoting the credit union to SEG by attending organizational meetings, nurturing key contacts, and developing strong relationships at SEGs and providing financial products / services to their members / employees and coordinating events including working with GLCU financial literacy team on financial education
- Coordinate and attend partner visits and offering on-site account openings. Work with other internal GLCU employees to achieve success for member follow-up through the various distribution channels.
- Collaborate with retail, commercial lending, small business lending, mortgage, HUD Certified Counselors, and the contact center to assist members based on their needs.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience
- A 2-year college degree, or completion of a specialized study at school, or extensive in-house training
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential for the job - Work involves contact with internal/external members
- Decision making requires analytical ability, judgement, and ingenuity - moderate amount of discretion
- Problems encountered are somewhat complex, analysis, weighing the outcomes - problems are generally similar in nature
We’re the total package!
To view our GREAT Benefits Please Reach out to a Member of the HR Team
Great Lakes Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance
Job Description : Business Development Specialist
Company/ Organization Name : Great Lakes Credit Union
How to Apply : https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1368724