Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Membership & Marketing
Compensation: Base + Salary and Benefits
At the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce, we make big things HAPPEN. We are a Membership-based organization whose mission move Business Forward toward an engaged, thriving community by being Your Advocate and Your Resource for Our Community.
The NACC is a world-class Chamber, consistently 5-Star Accredited for our people-first, stand-out way we elevate our Members and create a culture of connectivity. If you are looking to make an impact with your helpfulness, sense of achievement, positive attitude, proactive approach and you consider yourself a constant learner with a growth-mindset, and connection-driven mentality, we invite you to find out more about us and what makes working with us so meaningful.
You’ll love coming to work every day if you get, want, and have the capacity to:
- Grow our organization from the inside out through your sales acumen
- Fully show up for our Members, community and colleagues
- Believe in the value of the Chamber’s importance to our regional business climate
You’ll have success here if you value clear processes and feel qualified to do the following things:
- Revenue Generation from successful sales to New Members, Sponsors, Advertising and Upgraded Memberships
- Sales Strategy Execution and Full Sales Cycle Implementation
- Business Proposal Creation based on value-selling
- Build Business and Sponsorship Relationships with the objective of growing the organization and extending the reach of our Members
- Market Research and Prospecting, deploying findings to better approach potential partners
- Office Hours are 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8:00 a.m.- Noon on Friday
- There are afterhours requirements from this position
- This is a hybrid position which has a balance of in-office and remote work
- Attend in-person events as necessary and requested
- Attend staff events and be available for ad-hoc in-person and virtual meetings with staff, Board of Directors and both potential and existing Members
Office Hours & Location:
Monday to Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm, and Friday, 8 am - Noon.
55 S. Main Street Suite 375 Naperville, IL 60540
This is a hybrid position, combining in-office and remote work, with occasional early-morning and after-hours commitments. The role requires availability for ad-hoc in-person and virtual meetings with staff, the Board of Directors, and potential/existing members. You should also have the ability to drive to various locations, as there may be some light in-region travel involved in visiting our members.
You will be required to attend and at times, staff in-person events as needed.
- $50/month phone reimbursement
- $50/month internet reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement: Paid at the federal rate from NACC Office to locations traveled for work.
- Dental and Vision: Available immediately at cost.
- Health Insurance: Available the month following 60 days of employment.
- Open PTO: Available the month following 60 days of employment.
- Simple IRA Match: 1-3% depending on the year (Eligible in the month following 90 days of employment).
- Professional Development Opportunities
Illinois Chamber of the Year 2022
LinkedIn: Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
NACC operates on the EOS system, emphasizing the importance of having the right people in the right seats. If you believe you're the right candidate for this seat, please share your qualifications by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : Sales
Company/ Organization Name : Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
How to Apply : email@example.com
Business/ Organization Logo : NACC LOGO.png