Business Banking Specialist
Business Banking Specialist
Great Lakes Credit Union is Hiring GREAT people for our GREAT team!
Do you enjoy customer interaction and relationship building?
WE WANT YOU ON OUR TEAM!
The primary purpose of our Business Banking Specialist is to assist Great Lakes Credit Union to live out our vision, "To be the members' trusted financial partner".
As a Business Banking Specialist, you will be responsible for generating new business loans, new deposits, treasury management services and other revenue producing products and services. You will also proactively identify and meet with prospective new business members and close new business loans. Additionally, you will be proficient in structuring and recommending customized small business financing solutions including, but not limited to, lines of credit, equipment loans, business acquisitions, commercial mortgages and SBA loans.
As the Business Banking Specialist you will identify and develop viable business loan opportunities, including initial underwriting and confirmation of credit quality. Once an opportunity is won, you will be responsible for continuing to focus on providing excellent customer relationship services and deepening the relationship. And finally, you will be responsible for maintaining an active pipeline, individually tracking, measuring, and reporting business development results.
As a Business Banking Specialist, you will:
- Identify and develop new business relationships with annual revenues between $2MM – 20MM
- Spend approximately 60-70% of your time in the market to proactively raise awareness and promote the GLCU image and generate new business opportunities by meeting with prospects, outbound calling efforts, attending networking functions and community events.
- Work closely with Centers of Influence (COI), including accountants, lawyers, commercial real estate brokers, insurance agents, etc. to assist in driving new business opportunities.
- You will possess a well-defined and proven marketing strategy that supports their respective goals, as well as the commercial lending department goals and objectives.
- Effectively onboard business prospects and grow existing business member’s lending, depository and treasury management relationships.
- Partner with other lines of business within GLCU, including but not limited to Retail, Residential Mortgage, Wealth Management and Merchant Payment Services to help cross-sell products and services and deepen new and existing relationships.
- Have in-depth experience with pre-qualification, structuring and pricing on all credit requests to adhere to loan policy and profitability requirements.
- Maintain a strong understanding of GLCU’s credit policy, evaluate and assess risk on credit and depository products and recognize client eligibility to successfully submit and finalize credit/application packages.
- Under the supervision of the Business Banking Senior Manager, identify and develop mutually beneficial relationships with current and prospective SEGs. Promoting GLCU to SEGs by attending organizational meetings, nurturing key contacts and developing relationships by providing appropriate financial products and services to their members/employees.
- Assist with coordinating events including working with GLCU partners on different community programs, including financial education. Prepare and deliver effective presentations at special business partner events, employee orientations , workshops, lunch ‘n learns, etc. in order to raise awareness of GLCU small business lending and build sustainable partnerships.
- Actively monitor loan portfolio to avoid and/or eliminate any exceptions and past dues, maintain appropriate risk rating and overall credit quality.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience; direct in-person contact preferred
· Excellent prospecting, sales and negotiating skills
· Knowledge of business credit underwriting, with formal credit training strongly preferred
· In depth experience in analyzing financial statements and tax returns to design effective business loan structures
· Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
· Ability to build relationships with internal/external partners and effectively influence others to achieve desired outcomes
· Able to manage multiple and competing priorities in pursuit of business objectives
· Knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts
· Strong current business network with active involvement in community organizations and demonstrated business acumen
· Highly proficient in MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Able to accommodate regular local travel for key business meetings, networking and/or community events and promoting general brand awareness
We’re the total package!
To view our GREAT Benefits please contact our HR Team!
Great Lakes Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development
Company/ Organization Name : Great Lakes Credit Union
How to Apply : https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1070085